[vfio-users] Hyperthreading and kvm

Blank Field ihatethisfield at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 17:12:23 UTC 2015

Please, use the reply-all button. Include "vfio-users at redhat.com" address
in the "to:" field.
>    So, I got it right that using OVMF my setup can work reliably? I was
considering to build it but it seems to be not so straight forward in
Gentoo.

I haven't tried doing this on gentoo, but you can try using "alien" to use
RPMs from kraxel.org
https://www.kraxel.org/repos/
Also, i recall there was just plain binary files builds from jenkins, lurk
around and see if you can make yourself an ebuild with an overlay.
Also, there's a xen-tools package which has OVMF USE-flag, try researching
this.
And i think i saw an user-created portage overlay with the OVMF package in
there.

I think plain libvirt and virt-manager should already be in the main
portage tree.