[vfio-users] 1 GB hugepages cause host crash on guest shutdown with some GPUs

Okky Hendriansyah okky at nostratech.com
Tue Dec 1 08:30:58 UTC 2015

On December 1, 2015 at 14:48:19, Dan Ziemba (zman0900 at gmail.com) wrote:
I'm using vfio-pci module, set up with this line in a modprobe.d file.
In Arch, that gets copied into the initramfs so it applies before the
radeon module loads.

options vfio-pci disable_vga ids=1002:67b0,1002:aac0,1033:0194,8086:8d62
..
Hi Dan,

I used vfio-pci also but I use the systemd hook by using the rd.modules-load=vfio-pci kernel parameter [1]. Everytime I edit the /etc/modprobe.d/vfio-pci.conf to passthrough different device, I need to regenerate the initramfs though. Just a wild guess.

I just noticed that your platform is a Haswell-E but you’re using a patched kernel. Do you still need it? Have you tried using the plain linux-lts kernel?

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PCI_passthrough_via_OVMF#vfio-pci
--

Okky Hendriansyah