[vfio-users] QEMU_ALSA _*values

Okky Hendriansyah okky at nostratech.com
Wed Dec 2 06:19:08 UTC 2015

> On Dec 2, 2015, at 01:58, aldum <spongyabob at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
> My sound is basically unenjoyable, the trial-and-error method is very slow in this case and I don't have another week for this like last time a couple years back. (using the HDMI audio is not an option)
> So I thought I'd ask the list if anyone has some tried and true tips about this.
> Some things I tried:
> export QEMU_AUDIO_DRV=alsa
Hi,

In my experience using only "export QEMU_AUDIO_DRV=alsa" in conjunction with "-device AC97" works nicely. I never had to bother tuning other variables mentioned above.

On Windows 10, I use this driver [1] but I install it via right click on the Device Manager not from running the executable setup. If I recall correctly Windows 7 automatically recognized it.

[1] http://www.driverscape.com/download/intel(r)-82801aa-ac-97-audio-controller

Best regards,
Okky Hendriansyah