[vfio-users] QEMU_ALSA _*values

Blank Field ihatethisfield at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 23:46:23 UTC 2015

>My sound is basically unenjoyable, the trial-and-error method is very slow
in this case and I don't have another week for this like last time a couple
years back. (using the HDMI audio is not an option)
>So I thought I'd ask the list if anyone has some tried and true tips about
this.

I use SDL audio. It works best for me, and is very simple to set up.
However, i'm unsure if it works without using SDL graphics as well.

Anyway:
export QEMU_AUDIO_DRV=sdl
and
-soundhw hda

Works like a charm. The only downside is that you can't use the microphone
in a VM, meaning no input devices. And there is one output device for the
VM only.