[vfio-users] nVidia Code 43

Alan Jenkins alan.james.jenkins at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 10:28:34 UTC 2015

Hmm I am starting to think that this is not nVidia's monkeying with the
driver.  I just tried installing driver 337.50 which I believe is from
before they "accidentally" added the bugs that cause us problems and I am
still getting Code 43.

With regards to the ignore_msrs option for KVM it has been enabled during
all of my recent testing as I read that that helps.

To summarise what I have tried so far:

* Double checked that PCI-E power connectors are plugged into the card
properly (they were and the card was working fine in windows but checked
anyway to rule it out).

* Tried both q35 and i440FX chipsets.

* Installed nVidia's 337.50 beta driver which I believe was from before the
restrictions.

Is there any possibility that there is some quirk with passing through a
gtx690 as it is a dual GPU card? Has anyone else had success with one?

Thanks,

Alan Jenkins