[vfio-users] Optimize vm and host performance, is dual xeon the way ?

Karsten Elfenbein karsten.elfenbein at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 09:13:58 UTC 2015

Hi,

that looks good. Processors 0 and 4 are not used in pinning and remain
on the host OS. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyper-threading
Basically as soon as you load one OS CPU on a physical core the other
HT core will be able to perform a lot less stuff.

This should provide the guest some details of the provided vCPUs:
<topology sockets='1' cores='3' threads='2'/>