[vfio-users] Code 43 for GTX 660

Eric Hattemer hattenator at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 20:33:32 UTC 2015

On 11/03/2015 12:07 PM, Philip Abernethy wrote:
> Ok. So I built the latest QEMU from git to get support for
> hv_vendor_id. I added a qemu argument passthrough tag as suggested by
> Alex in another thread and got rid of the <kvm> tag, since it's
> superseded by said passthrough. Here's the updated xml:
> http://sprunge.us/iihe
> Should I set a special HyperV vendor? As I understand it the Nvidia
> driver sees it as a red flag, so I'd want that to be blank.
> Currently I still get a code 43.

I'm probably off-base here, and I've never read what hv_vendor_id is for
yet  (maybe it fixes the same issue).  But I got that error until I set
my qemu line to say '-cpu host,-kvm'.  I think that's the same as

  <cpu mode='host-passthrough'>
     <topology sockets='1' cores='2' threads='1'/>
   <feature policy='disable' name='kvm'/>
   </cpu>

for the libvirt xml.  Try that and see if it helps?  Then you should see
in the Device Manager that you have a bunch of Intel/AMD processors
instead of QEMU/KVM-branded processors.

-Eric Hattemer