[vfio-users] Stuttering

Rick Wuijster wuijster.rick at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 21:28:15 UTC 2015

Hey all
I'm currently having issues with gpu passthrough using qemu and ovmf. If I
try to load a video on youtube it loads just fine, till the moment I move
my mouse, then the audio and video start to stutter and it feels like
slow-motion mode is activated. If I disabli the hdmi audio input the video
will not start stuttering my mouse. I do however have low fps in game.
Around 65 fps while its normally around 130 fps when playing on a non
virtual machine. I also get a lot of frame drops to around 30 fps. Which is
i.m.o not playable. How can I fix this so that I have around 95% native
performance without weird stuttering?
My specs:
Host os: antergos with gnome.
Guest os: windows 10
Latest virtio drivers from redhat.
Gtx 970 videocard for guest
Intel core i5-4460 with integrated graphics for host
Using OVMF
16 Gb of ram, 8 for host, 8 for guest.
I hope you can help me. Because I'm so happy that it's working but still so
disappointed that it's not fully working like it sould be :/
Kind Regards
Rick