[vfio-users] Checking for EFI and general questions

Okky Hendriansyah okky at nostratech.com
Thu Nov 26 08:08:40 UTC 2015

> On Nov 26, 2015, at 14:49, Eddie Yen <missile0407 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm already test about this.
>
> I got V4800, which is not support UEFI, I can boot Windows 10 even primary or secondary card.
> Only a problem is, you need to install driver as secondary card mode if you want to use as primary card.
> Also, you can't see any screen until boot into OS with driver loaded. Even OVMF boot screen.

Hi Eddie,

So as long as I'm OK with having the UEFI-unsupported card as the secondary display (probably always stick the QXL as the primary display to see the boot process) it's not an issue right? This is interesting. That means I can avoid using VGA arbitration patch as long as the guest OS supports UEFI?

Best regards,
Okky Hendriansyah