[vfio-users] Cannot fix Error 43 for GTX 680 passed through to win 10 guest

Alex Williamson alex.l.williamson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 20:13:28 UTC 2015

On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 2:08 PM, <root at yoshi.dynu.com> wrote:

> Also chatted with nvidia customer support... think the guy didn't quite
> get what i was doing but asked for logs of the setup-install. Let's see
> what they have to say... i guess it won't be: "Yeah... we broke the drivers
> on purpose because you should buy the quadro cards if you want to do
> virtual stuff... And no-one ever wants a gaming gpu in a vm anyway" :/

*sigh*, I suspect this is exactly why they disable it.  It's unsupported,
don't bother them and don't give them further reason to target this use
case.

You still haven't shown that nouveau isn't mucking with the card before
vfio-pci gets it.  What happens if you blacklist nouveau on the host and
just run with text mode host console for a test?