[vfio-users] Cannot fix Error 43 for GTX 680 passed through to win 10 guest

root at yoshi.dynu.com root at yoshi.dynu.com
Tue Oct 13 15:12:11 UTC 2015

i am still stuck.

i read the whole thread in the archlinux forum (and feel a bit ashamed
for using arch right now, maybe give fedora a try)

i tried win 7 / win 8 and win 10 as guest with 440fx.

Only way to get any output on the card it to use 'vga none and degrading
the card to a gtx 680 again by spoofing the device id. no output when i
also add the extracted bios of the card.

When assigning the already hardmodded id of an Grid k2 the VM shuts down
after ~1 minute. (with or without k2 BIOS)

When spoofing the cards ID making it a Quadro K5000 i neither get any
output. (with or without k5000 bios)

when trying k2 or k5000 i started the machine with emulated graphics.
The VM detects the card but will still give me Code 43 when installing
the drivers.

Checked again that the devices i'd like to pass through are claimed by
the stub with 'lspci -nnvk'

How can i run qemu fully verbose to investigate further where the
problem might be?

Best regards,

Arne