[vfio-users] Cannot fix Error 43 for GTX 680 passed through to win 10 guest

Alex Williamson alex.l.williamson at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 19:32:34 UTC 2015

On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 1:12 PM, <root at yoshi.dynu.com> wrote:

> Is there any point in editing the gtx680s bios and change the device id
> there?
>
> i tried the patch to spoof the devID but somehow managed to mess up my
> hosts libraries really bad... need to reinstall and start clean.
>
> i use q35 system for now since with 440fx the guest is not restarting and
> it takes ages for the initial install/setup. But i am willing to try again
> with 440fx.

Grid cards assigned the way I'm describing have no need for the ROM, so no,
it doesn't make sense to hack the ROM.  On RHEL, we currently only support
Grid assignment with a 440fx VM, so you may want to look at why that's
misbehaving for you.  Use rombar=0 to disable the GPU ROM entirely and see
if that helps anything.  Also, for PCI IDs, run qemu with "-device
vfio-pci,?", if it's new enough, you'll find what you need.