[vfio-users] Fwd: Installing Catalyst prevents VM from booting.

Matthew Kramara mattkramara at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 04:16:04 UTC 2015

Don't think it's that after all, it's letting me pass through the GPU
without any warnings so it might be covered by:
> On a typical Intel chipset, PCIe root ports are provided via both the
processor and the PCH (Platform Controller Hub).  The capabilities of these
root ports can be very different.  On the latest Linux kernels we have
support for exposing the isolation of the PCH root ports, even though many
of them do not have native PCIe ACS support
I'm thinking maybe my graphics card doesn't have EFI support in the rom.
I'm trying to use Alex' rom dumper to check but my rom file doesn't have
the read flag set.. It's bound to vfio-pci so I guess I'll try binding it
to pci-stub and see if I can dump the rom after that..