[vfio-users] OVMF + Os X

francesco dicarlo evilsephiroth at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 12:52:26 UTC 2015

Absolutely yes :D

I've trying to do the same thing. I've got an arch linux host, ovmf windows
8 and would like to do a mac os vm to ditch my macbook air and use my dual
screens with a gtx 970

some info:
kernel patches ? (i915?)

I've got an headless vga mac os yosemite on this setup (headless server):
ubuntu 14.04
kernel 3.19 with i915 patch
libvirt stack from ppa jacob:virtualisation

My target machine is latest archlinux with 4.1.11 vfio enabled kernel
without i915,qemu.git

same xml dump from my home server won't work on my target setup.

tried also using an lvm logical volume as hard disk but with same result.

Stuck at "missing bluetooth controller transport" when booting with
chameleon

reference I've used here.

https://macosxvirtualmachinekvm.wordpress.com/guide-mac-os-x-vm-on-unraid/

Thanks in advance