[vfio-users] OVMF + Os X

root at yoshi.dynu.com root at yoshi.dynu.com
Tue Oct 27 20:09:18 UTC 2015

Here you go:

http://pastebin.com/RqsD52hS

(create bridged network br0)

since i don't have integrated GPU i don't use i915 patch.

your problem is because of the GTX 970 not natively supported by OS X.
here is how you fix it:

start OS X with the bootflag: nv_disable=1

now you should be able to get past the 'missing bluetooth controller
transport' message and get a visual interface. No acceleration tho. To
get full acceleration you need a SMBIOS of a MacPro3,1 or younger. When
your machine is recognized as a MacPro you are able to install the
Nvidia Web drivers you can download at the nvidia page (choose the
correct version for your OS version). After installing the webdrivers
you need to add the bootflag nvda_drv=1 permanently to your
chameleon/clover configuration.

Voila.

haven't tried to enable emulated sound yet, i use a shairport server on
the host and stream the sound via airplay. huge delay but i don't watch
any videos in OS X. easiest solution would be a usb sound card since OS
X doesn't like sound cards much (you would have to patch the driver)

Good luck