[vfio-users] Questions for all who have gotten this to work

Bradley Davis bradleydavisjr at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 16:53:11 UTC 2015

My systems is as follow:

   - Super MIcro X8STE
      - Had to take a dremel to the bottom 8x PCIe slot to trim the end off
      so I can fit my 16x GTX760 card into that slot.
      - Using the onboard SATA for host storagte
      - Other PCIe Cards are:
         - Creative Sound Blaster Z (Assignended to Windows VM)
         - Intel Dual Port Server NIC, forgot true card name (Assigned to
         Windows VM)
         - IBM M1015 or LSI Raid Card in Passthrough Mode ( Assigned to
         FreeNAS VM, disk spin up when I boot VM )
      - Onboard Adapter assignments:
         - Dual Port NIC ( assigned to FreeNAS VM )
         - One USB controller (Assigned to Windows VM)
      - 24GB Ram, upgrading to ECC
   - Processor is Intel Xeon 5660
      - I isolated all but 1 Core/HyperThread from host. The VMs I have
      pinned CPUs

I've been using this setup for about 6 months and have been stable ever
since. I did try to get a RocketU 1144E to work, contained 2 eSata and 2
USB3 controllers, and assignment did work but had stability issues with
USB3 and the eSATA are only eSATA in IDE mode which is useless for me.
Running Fedora 22, stock kernel. Qemu is patched to allow me to change my
GTX760 into Quadro K5000.

Thanks,
Brad

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 11:30 AM, Alex Williamson <alex.williamson at redhat.com