[vfio-users] FYI: SR-IOV GPU from AMD

Blank Field ihatethisfield at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 05:21:33 UTC 2015

Yes. Most of these devices and technologies are primarily aimed to work
with stuff like Citrix XenApp and other software providing VDI.
VDI is providing desktop workplaces to thin clients with power of that
multiuser GPU.
You can't just glue VNC to what we have now since 100mbps lan provides not
enough bandwidth. Commercial software uses compression and translation
(capturing render queries, not just frame buffer) to work around that.
Also, as AW pointed out back in the day, instead of running some
nuclear-reactor like server with tens of GPUs - we have it single or double
slot packed.