[vfio-users] PCI-Stub still needed for now?

Eddie Yen missile0407 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 14:28:57 UTC 2015

Hello, guys, long time no see.
I have a long time that following updates about VFIO.

As I read AW's blog, I found that there is no pci-stub needed for now.
Looks like vfio-pci can get video card for 'greedy' graphic driver.
Is that true?

Because I'm still using the old method to launch VM with X79 platform.
(Using pci-stub and QEMU command.)
But I may got a case that may using IGD as host video output to run KVM.
May use Z97 or new Z170 as platform.

According to blog, if using the mainstream platform, it's better to use E3
series.
Because E3 series had ACS module inside.
And I know E3 had some models that included IGD.
So it nay not have IOMMU Group problem? Or it depends on motherboard design?

Apologize my bad English again.

AKSN74