[vfio-users] How to let libvirt recognize manual install QEMU?

Eddie Yen missile0407 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 04:36:11 UTC 2015

Hello everyone, I got another question.

I re-installed Ubuntu because it may crash while I'm running VM with UEFI
mode.
So this time, I'm trying to install KVM step by step according from AW's
blog.

But I don't know the QEMU version on Ubuntu repository is 2.4.0 or not,
(According to Launchpad, it wrote 2.0.0)
So I decided to install kernel and QEMU by manual and install libvirt and
virt-manager by apt-get.

After that, I found that libvirt can't recognize QEMU during creating the
VM.

How can I let libvirt to recognize the manual install QEMU?