[vfio-users] KVM + QEMU + GPU passthrough (Windows7 Guest)

Alex Williamson alex.l.williamson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 20:37:55 UTC 2015

On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 12:48 PM, Jose Ramon Muñoz Pekkarinen <
koalinux at gmail.com> wrote:

>     Hi,
>
>     I'm sorry to report that, at least for FM2 platform, if there is no
> ioh3420, it doesn't work at all, w7 and w10 stalls in the windows logo on
> 440fx. Well w10 doesn't work anyways, but w7 does.

More and more it seems like if you get anything working on an FM2 platform,
you should count yourself lucky, but that doesn't mean that that
combination of QEMU components were ever intended to be put together or
make any kind of sense from a PCI perspective.