[vfio-users] Win 10 VM often freezes Linux when shutting down

Mario Goebbels me at tomservo.cc
Thu Feb 18 22:03:07 UTC 2016

You can assign it to the VM if you want, altho you don't need to, if you
don't use HDMI audio. I never assigned it to the VM and VGA passthrough
worked fine. I'm just saying, once you've bound vfio-pci to it, leave it
assigned to the HDMI audio device. Unbinding vfio-pci from GPU audio
frequently caused a kernel oops or locked up the system over here.

And yes, a full shutdown (holding down SHIFT while clicking on Start ->
Shutdown) bypasses the fast startup. I'm not sure how fast startup messes
with the shutdown sequence, but QEMU doesn't like it one bit.

Regards,
-mg