[vfio-users] What is the best host os for vfio vm gaming?

Stein van Broekhoven stein at aapjeisbaas.nl
Sun Feb 28 08:42:05 UTC 2016

I thought so...
I am now giving it a try on arch (manjaro) really like the flexibility from arch combined with fast setup and great tools from manjaro.

At the moment I am at the point where I have my video card disconnected from the main system and using vfio.

Now I just need to connect it to my vm.
If I run the Vm from virt manager it runs as nobody so I'm working on a start script.
I guess I'll get it working later today.

If anybody would attempt a build like this I would recommend Manjaro with plasma 5.5 (KDE)
And follow this guide:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PCI_passthrough_via_OVMF
Only difference is:
# mkinitcpio -p linux