[vfio-users] X99 Platform Setup - VM crashes when powering on.

Okky Hendriansyah okky at nostratech.com
Sun Feb 28 09:27:14 UTC 2016

Hi Broll,

I see you are using kernel 4.3. I would suggest downgrading it to 4.1 or upgrading it to 4.4 as my first suggestion. Since kernel 4.2 and 4.3 had issues with device assignment in legacy-free approach with OVMF.

Second, as Thibaut suggested, you were mixing pci-stub with vfio-pci. As of kernel 4.1, the vfio-pci is more recommended than pci-stub. What is the output of lspci -nnk after you change to vfio-pci? It should be listed as vfio-pci as the used driver, not pci-stub.

Best regards,
Okky Hendriansyah