[vfio-users] VM Randomly Becomes Choppy

Ben J btpprograms at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 17:25:43 UTC 2016

It seems that CPU usage isn't the issue from further testing. I used
isolcpus to disable cores 0-3, launched the VM with only those cores in use
and each dedicated to one vcpu (used taskset and manually bound each core
to one of the four child processes that had cpu usage), and was still able
to get the same issue to occur. Once the VM slows down it doesn't ever
speed up again without a complete shut down. That's the main thing that
confuses me, it's one thing for the VM to slow down from high resource
usage but it continues lagging even when it's just sitting on the desktop.

It seems to get triggered pretty often by workspace switching and window
movement in BSPWM but that's really the only lead I've got at this point.
The issue still seemed to happen even when I disabled audio altogether.
Anyone have any other ideas?