[vfio-users] Xeon E3 1200 v5 ACS support

Nicolas Blais nicblais at clkroot.net
Tue Jan 5 21:30:41 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am interested in building a rig with 2 PCIE GPU's in pass-through with a
Xeon E3 1200 v5 series (not the v3), likely the E3 1275 v5.  I was
wondering if it supported ACS on root ports or not.  Reading the following:
http://vfio.blogspot.ca/2015/10/intel-processors-with-acs-support.html, no
mention of the v5 series.

Intel's specification update (
https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/specification-updates/xeon-e3-1200v3-spec-update.pdf)
specifically states the v3 do not have ACS support in PCIE root ports,
while for the v5 series, (
https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/specification-updates/xeon-e3-1200v5-spec-update.pdf)
has no mention.

Browsing through the archives, I landed on an message (
https://www.redhat.com/archives/vfio-users/2015-October/msg00211.html)
which talks about the v5 but no clear mention of whether or not it supports
ACS on root ports.

Cheers,

Nick