[vfio-users] Tesla K40 passthrough

Eddie Yen missile0407 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 06:28:38 UTC 2016

Hello, guys.

Few days ago I got Tesla K40 and try to passthrough it into VM.

Using Windows 7 as guest, and the virtual VGA is QXL.
Every installation works fine, I don't have to add kvm=off and x-vga=on.
Tested on CUDA and OpenCL, both works.

But now is a problem, how can I make 3D acceleration works on K40?
I knew that K40 didn't have any VGA output, so I got slow motion when
playing video and rotate 3D models in some 3D program like Autodesk.

My guess is, K40's 3D acceleration only works at 3D rendering, it didn't
work in viewing 3D models.
Does anyone have a idea?

Also I found that virtio-gpu is available since QEMU 2.5+. But not work on
Windows guest yet.
Is that can make a simple graphic accleration on Windows?