[vfio-users] Double check before I buy another USB card

Frederick N. Brier fnbrier at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 06:42:05 UTC 2016

I think I faux pas'd.  I just bought a 4-port USB PCI card
<http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004B0H5WG>.  I determined the Ids and
updated the /etc/modprobe.d/local.conf as per the blog tutorial.  When I
check with "lspci -nnk", the "Kernel driver in use" shows "uhci_hcd",
not "vfio-pci" as the secondary ATI Video card does.  I just saw Alex's
post
<https://www.redhat.com/archives/vfio-users/2015-September/msg00179.html> about
conventional PCI not including a requester ID in bus transactions.  I
must have missed that in the technology overview.  So even though I only
have a single PCI slot on my Asus M5A99FX Pro and it is in its own IOMMU
group, it still is not going to work, correct?  I just wanted to double
check whether I need to buy a PCI-E card
<http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DSXG4YW/> and wait till Monday to get it,
or if I might just be missing a piece of configuration.  The VM's
dedicated USB card is going to provide keyboard and mouse via a 4-port
KVM.  I am trying to have a completely isolated USB hub for the VM.
Thank you.

Fred