[vfio-users] "No signal" on dual Nvidia setup

Jonathan Scruggs j.scruggs at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 08:19:40 UTC 2016

Hi,

> Since the 970 is set at my primary GPU, it is responsible for displaying
my bios and bootloader until linux boots, where I have its framebuffer
disabled and vfio-pci latch onto it. The 210 GT, however, is still managed
by the nouveau driver.

Out of curiosity, why do you have the 970 set as the primary boot display?
I know on some motherboards the first slot will be the fastest and the
other ones have reduced PCI-e lanes when multiple cards are used. However,
my BIOS has a setting to override which slot is the default. You may want
to check if you have this AMD set the 210 as primary, or for testing
purposes, swap the cards around to take the 970 out of the primary slot. I
have a 970 in a secondary slot and it passes through correctly.

In your win8 XML file, did you pass through the audio part of your card or
did I miss it. Even if you don't use HDMI audio, you can try passing it in.

-Jon