[vfio-users] "No signal" on dual Nvidia setup

Nicolas Roy-Renaud nicolas.roy-renaud.1 at ens.etsmtl.ca
Tue Jan 19 23:05:29 UTC 2016

Alright, using VNC helped immensely, but as it turns out removing
PCI:01:00.0 from the list of passed devices in order to investigate a
blue screen and adding it back in while the VM was live thinking it
would queue the operation for the next reboot did the trick.
Attempting to boot the VM with the GPU already bridged causes the boot
process to hang whether or not I pass a vBIOS file to qemu and vfio then
complains that my ROM contents are invalid, but booting the VM with the
sound subsystem alone (I figured it ensures that the IOMMU group is
grabbed by kvm, but I'm not aware of the technical details) and then
using virsh or virtmanager to attach the actual GPU device to the guest
works where everything I've been doing for the last week has failed.
While that is some counter-intuitive behavior, and I should probably
file a bug on this somewhere, I'm glad I at least got this working.

Thank you Will and Jonathan, and thank you vfio-users.