[vfio-users] Nvidia Error 43 and vendor_id state='on'

Torbjorn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Sat Jun 11 21:28:04 UTC 2016

On 2016-06-11 21:57, David wrote:
> I have continued to work on this.  I had <hidden state='on'/> and
> <vendor_id state='on' value='SomeString'/> in my xml, and that didnt
> restore boot.
>
> I have the card out of the system right now.   With this new setup i
> believe i should be able to re-add the 3 <hyperv> settings and the one
> under <clock offset='localtime'>.
>
> But i have found that when put those lines back in (copying them from
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PCI_passthrough_via_OVMF in the
> troubleshooting section, as i no longer have my own original lines
> from that section)  My VM wont boot at all.
>
> Is there some reason that putting these back in later would cause
> issues?  Is there a way to regenerate my XML file, or default it back?

i had similar issues.
even with the vendor id added and a custom compiled qemu (plus path
adjusted so it gets used) i still had to keep some of the settings that
i was supposed to be able to restore to normal.

i don't remember exactly what those were right now but i ended up
starting with a working setup without vendor id added, then added vendor
id and restored one item at a time until it broke again so i could
figure out which one it was that caused this.