[vfio-users] VFIO and random host crashes

Alex Williamson alex.l.williamson at gmail.com
Wed May 18 15:35:20 UTC 2016

Are you using isolcpus or nohz_full?  I've seen similar lockups (even the
reset button not working) running a slim host with a Win8/NVIDIA VM +
Fedora/IGD VM tuned to try to give the host the minimal resources possible,
but with the VMs overlapping CPUs because I only have a quad-core.  I built
a kernel with various deadlock and watchdog support enabled an in the
process also removed the isolcpus and nohz_full host boot options.  So far
I haven't yet been able to reproduce the hang while I'm watching for it,
but I'm wondering if it had something to do with those kernel options.