[vfio-users] VFIO and random host crashes

Colin Godsey crgodsey at gmail.com
Wed May 18 15:46:37 UTC 2016

@alex

I was thinking along the same lines. I actually initially had a very highly
tuned setup, but for debugging I’m back to the most generic configuration I
can, with as many defaults as possible, and no tuning or anything. I even
recently redid the whole host from scratch to make sure I didn’t have any
weird modprobe configs laying around or anything.

As far as overlapping cores, I have the skylake i7, so 8 logical cores
total for the host. One VM runs 4 virtual cores, and the other only 3. So
Im actually under-committed by 1 core.

The nohz thing is really interesting… I have tried both the lowlatency and
generic ubuntu kernels, I cant remember entirely, but I think the
lowlatency kernel didnt crash as much, I’ll have to confirm.