[vfio-users] IGD primary pci passthrough troubles - can anyone help?

Alex Williamson alex.williamson at redhat.com
Fri Nov 11 20:52:54 UTC 2016

On Fri, 11 Nov 2016 20:45:42 +0000
Paul Handy <paul.d.handy at gmail.com> wrote:

> I had just figured that out! Thanks. So, I followed the instructions from
> the last link that I shared, and using sudo, I was able to get the address
> of bootfb, and remove it. Now my guest boots, albeit with the display
> repeated vertically four times.

Yep, that's the GTT problem on Skylake/Kabylake.  AIUI this goes away
once you install the Intel driver, getting to that point may be
challenging though.  You might want to switch to emulated graphics
install tightvnc server in the VM, then swap back to Intel graphics and
get the Intel driver working via VNC to the guest.  Good luck ;)
Thanks,

Alex