[vfio-users] Support for Passthrough

Zachary Boley zboley00 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 05:01:50 UTC 2016

I've been at this for almost 2 weeks and im on the final steps, Error 43
and no matter what i do its always detected as a vm. I was referred to come
here from the vfio subreddit. here are my specs/versions

Compiled against library: libvirt 2.2.0
Using library: libvirt 2.2.0
Using API: QEMU 2.2.0
Running hypervisor: QEMU 2.7.0
Windows 10 64bit

2x Xeon 5540s @ 2.5
48GB DDR3 ECC
GTX 650 TI BOOST
Fedora 24 Server 4.8.6

to prove IOMMU is enabled http://pastebin.com/K2i7A79j
VFIO-PCI details http://pastebin.com/JAbDRpkj

passthrough VM xml: https://u.teknik.io/NOX1x.xml
libvirt conf: https://u.teknik.io/a0rWz.txt
qemu.conf: https://u.teknik.io/5Gd3Q.txt

thread with my attempts
https://www.reddit.com/r/VFIO/comments/5deci8/error_43_and_other_problems/

I have even used the OVMF git pure efi image  to see if there was a
difference but it doesnt seem to be helping. I have tried both attempts on
Q35 and 440fx and nothing to be gotten out of it. I'm very lost on this and
i have no clue whats going on. Not sure if this is the place for such
requests but im lost