[vfio-users] Host can't wake from suspend after running a passthrough VM

Nicolas Roy-Renaud nicolas.roy-renaud.1 at ens.etsmtl.ca
Sun Oct 23 21:08:47 UTC 2016

I've had this problem for a while, and I just figured it was due to VFIO
GPU passthroughs being generally incompatible with S3. I currently just
set a sleep inhibitor while my VM is running so I don't accidentally put
the host into sleep while it's still running. I've been trying to add it
to my libvirt hooks, but libvirt seems to detect when a process is
forking and hold on to the subprocess regardless, so no luck there.

- Nicolas