[vfio-users] Lost link when pass through rtl8168 to guest

Karsten Mettke k.mettke at d4net.de
Tue Sep 20 15:09:24 UTC 2016

When I tried to Pass such nic to the guest, it would hard lock the device, even the Link Indikator LEDs stayed off, which used to work even when the driver was not loaded. The only way to get it working was/is to Power off the Maschine completely. After spending hours trying all kinds of recommandations i gave up and bought an Intel nic‎.
‎So my guess is that this Chip is "broken" at very low Level and there is not much i could do to get it working.
So, better dont waste your time, that would be my advice.

Karsten mettke

Gesendet von meinem BlackBerry 10-Smartphone.
  Originalnachricht