[vfio-users] VM loses mouse

Patrick O'Callaghan poc at usb.ve
Sun Apr 30 18:20:35 UTC 2017

On Sun, 2017-04-30 at 14:07 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> qemu-system-x86_64: -object secret,id=masterKey0,format=raw,file=/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/domain-2-NewWin10/master-key.aes: Unable to read /var/lib/libvirt/qemu/domain-2-
> NewWin10/master-key.aes: Failed to open file '/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/domain-2-NewWin10/master-key.aes': No such file or directory
>
> No doubt the reason is blindingly obvious to those who have done this
> before, but not to me. Clearly the above file doesn't exist, but does
> when I use virt-manager, so what am I missing?

Following advice from a private message, I attempted to add the evdev option
within the QEMU XML (see https://libvirt.org/drvqemu.html for examples).
However this didn't work:

1) I ran 'virsh edit ...' and changed the opening line to:
<domain type='kvm' xmlns:qemu='http://libvirt.org/schemas/domain/qemu/1.0'>;
There were no objections from virsh but the change was simply discarded in the XML.

2) http://libvirt.org/schemas/domain/qemu/1.0 doesn't seem to be a
valid URL.

3) Adding <qemu:commandline> options to the XML threw a syntax error
from virsh.

poc