[vfio-users] 'dnf update' killed working VM

Alex Williamson alex.williamson at redhat.com
Thu Aug 10 03:02:23 UTC 2017

On Wed, 9 Aug 2017 21:28:53 -0500
David <david283 at gmail.com> wrote:

> That fixed it Alex, thank you.
>
> Boots fine and pass-through is working well.
>
> What happened?

You were using kraxel's OVMF repo, which has builds based on the
edk2 git tree.  We installed the version from the virt-preview repo,
which is older and reconfigured your VM to use that.  So the regression
is in OVMF.  This matches what happened on my system today after an
update, so I should have a pointer to the culprit in a little bit after
I finish bisecting the changesets.  Thanks,

Alex