[vfio-users] No Display Through Graphics Card After Mobo Swap

Имя Фамилия vgck at list.ru
Sun Jul 16 00:40:48 UTC 2017

Hello all,

I was able to get gpu passthrough to work with an R9 Fury and MSI X99S Gaming 7 motherboard. I recently swapped out the motherboard for an ASUS X99-A II. I enabled Virtualization and VT-d as well as ACS Control in the motherboard. In virt-manager I removed the old PCI devices and added the new ones. The old Windows 10 virtual machine booted just fine but the graphics driver was no longer installed. When I tried to reinstall it I would always lose the display. I've tried different versions of the drivers, installed from Windows Update, etc but always the screen turns black when I install the amd drivers. Device Management shows the drivers are installed and is supposedly working. I've also tried not passing in the gpu's hdmi audio and installing only the graphics driver and no other components. The spice display never has a problem and whether it's added or not does not seem to have any affect, I've also tried HDMI vs DP with the same results. Any ideas what I could do to make this work again?

Thanks.