[vfio-users] NVME M.2 SSD broke my vfio setup

Mogliii mogliii at gmx.net
Wed Jul 19 06:17:33 UTC 2017

Hello,

I would like to know how everyone is managing nvme SSD's and vfio? I
have the trouble with an ASROCK Z97 Extreme6. I was using built-in VGA
for the linux host, and was passing through one of the NICs, a NVidia
VGA adapter (pciex16) and pcie USB3 host controller. Now I got myself a
ssd in m.2 format, and it seems its in the same iommu group as the vga
adapter and usb host controller.

Do I need ACS override patch now? And is there any ppa so I don't have
to compile the kernel by myself? (ubuntu 16.4)

It's a bit troublesome because I did not expect the SSD to break my
setup, although in hindsight it makes sense at it is a pcie device :(
But I did not find a lot of hits when googling for "vfio and nvme"...

Any hint is highly appreciated