[vfio-users] Looking for recommendations for screen-switching

buildacct xochipilli4 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 22 08:35:59 UTC 2017

That will be because I wasn't very clear so my apologies. It's part of
qemu, and a very useful way of passing kb+m to and from your host and a
passthrough context. You can search this list for input-linux but the
scripty bit I use to pass it through looks as follows. Got some script
that digs through /sys/class/input to find my keyboard as I have a
corsair keyboard with lights, but you can probably just find your in
/dev/input and replace the ${ev} below. I need the virtio devices (there
are win drivers in the Fedora driver iso) to prevent problems with key
ups during games.

OPTS="$OPTS -object input-linux,id=kbd,evdev=${ev},grab_all=yes,repeat=off"
OPTS="$OPTS -object
input-linux,id=mse,evdev=/dev/input/by-id/usb-Areson_USB_Device-event-mouse
"

OPTS="$OPTS -device
virtio-keyboard-pci,addr=1d.0,multifunction=on,serial=SN0000 "
OPTS="$OPTS -device
virtio-mouse-pci,addr=1d.1,multifunction=on,serial=SN15471500079 "

I think it's criminally underappreciated and underdocumented in qemu but
maybe that's just me.  It's been in qemu since 2.7 I think so won't work
with older versions. Switch contexts by pressing both ctrl keys so
easily worked into however you change the screen too.

Regards,

Dan Oram.
//