[vfio-users] VM loses mouse

Patrick O'Callaghan poc at usb.ve
Tue May 2 15:20:33 UTC 2017

On Tue, 2017-05-02 at 03:32 +0000, Daimon Wang wrote:
> I believe adding the "tablet" input device would remove the PS/2 Mouse.       -usbdevice devname           Add the USB device devname.
>            tablet
>                Pointer device that uses absolute coordinates (like a touchscreen). This means qemu is able to report the mouse position               without having to grab the mouse. Also overrides the PS/2 mouse emulation when activated.

Enabling the tablet does not disable the PS/2 mouse, which cannot be
removed. I tried it anyway and had problems almost immediately, losing
both pointer and keyboard (not just pointer as before) until I toggled
back and forth with the host. I also lost sound, which may be unrelated
but had never happened before.

poc