[vfio-users] Hotplug problem

Patrick O'Callaghan poc at usb.ve
Tue Nov 7 01:00:37 UTC 2017

On Mon, 2017-11-06 at 08:51 +0000, Bronek Kozicki wrote:
> Like other vfio passed-through devices, it has its
> own IOMMU group and is entirely owned by a VM.

[Apologies if this is a duplicate. I thought I'd replied earlier but
can't seem to find a record of it]

Basically this is a "Doh" moment. I wasn't masking the PCIe device when
passing it through, which explains the erratic behaviour. On masking it
properly it started to work as it should. Luckily it has its own IOMMU
group so the process was simple.

Thanks to everyone who offered help. Sometimes the solution is too
simple to be obvious :-)

poc