[vfio-users] What's the user scenario for UPT mode of IGD

Daimon Wang daimon_swang at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 13 09:36:53 UTC 2017

Thanks for the info.My IGD get BSOD when run 3D program in legacy mode, and get BSOD during boot in UPT mode. So I guess Win7 can handle it too. (Ah, I've tried UPT before, stopped by the BSOD, so have the impression that UPT won't work)Will try with another CPU later.
Regards,Daimon

    On Wednesday, October 11, 2017 7:01 PM, Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel at redhat.com> wrote:

 On Wed, 2017-10-11 at 10:33 +0000, Daimon Wang wrote:
> Hi,
>     The qemu doc of igd says there're 2 modes for IGD pass through,
> legacy and UPT. And Alex's blog says in UPT mode, one can set a
> display card "mirror" the IGD, to get the accelerated video output.
>     But I'm not sure how to setup such a "mirror". E.g. in a Win7 VM,
> is it in the "Display settings", and I should set my 2 monitor work
> in "mirror" mode? Suppose I'm using qxl as the default VGA and
> "mirror" the IGD, I can then get 3D output on qxl and view the result
> through spice? This sounds very cool but I don't think the OS is
> clever enough to make it.

Windows 10 can handle it.  Didn't try Windows 7 though.

cheers,
  Gerd