[vfio-users] UEFI adoption in GPU oproms [was: passthrough not working.]

Laszlo Ersek lersek at redhat.com
Fri Oct 20 18:12:16 UTC 2017

Hi Alex,

diverging (hence the subject change):

On 10/20/17 16:28, Alex Williamson wrote:

> The Kepler Geforce cards were right on the borderline of UEFI ROMs
> becoming standard, some vendors supplied it (including my EVGA
> GTX660), others didn't.
Very interesting; could you perhaps put a rough time interval around
this borderline?

Approximately how long did it take for GPU vendors to adopt UEFI? (I
realize this is an ill-defined question, because I'm not giving you a
"start point" to count from. Can you think of a good start point? :) )

Thanks!
Laszlo