[vfio-users] Using a physical disk in QEMU

Patrick O'Callaghan poc at usb.ve
Sun Oct 22 09:53:44 UTC 2017

On Sat, 2017-10-21 at 16:43 -0700, Nick S wrote:
> Can you at least boot via this UEFI screen if you select the necessary
> device? or does it complain?

My knowledge of UEFI is so limited that I haven't even got that far. I
get the menu with a bunch of devices but don't know how to proceed. As
I mentioned I did actually manage to do this some time in the past, but
didn't make any notes because from then on it just worked. I assume
that on this occasion the OVMF emulated EEPROM is still set to the
former (Linux raw file) drive and just needs to be changed.

> I don't remember doing anything special for
> virsh and for command line I had to provide two OVMF files as separate
> devices:
> -drive if=pflash,format=raw,readonly,file=$folder/OVMF_CODE-pure-efi.fd \
> -drive if=pflash,format=raw,file=$folder/OVMF_VARS-pure-efi.fd \

I'm only using virt-manager rather than a command line, and would
prefer to keep it that way if possible.

poc