[vfio-users] Anything special to consider before buying (January 2018, thinking Kaby lake)?

Sascha Fröhlich saschafroehlich at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 16:28:30 UTC 2018

Hi Jonas,

there is news about an Intel CPU hardware bug:
https://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/comments/7nl8r0/intel_bug_incoming/

Fixes for that may decrease performance under certain workloads (especially
virtualisation and IO heavy loads).

So maybe hold off that purchase for a bit longer until there is more
information.

Regards, Sascha

Jonas Camillus Jeppesen <jonascj at sdu.dk> schrieb am Mi., 3. Jan. 2018,
16:46: