[vfio-users] (good) working GPU for passthrough?

Bronek Kozicki brok at spamcop.net
Fri Jan 18 13:39:57 UTC 2019

On Thu, 17 Jan 2019, at 10:39 PM, Kash Pande wrote:
> On 2019-01-17 2:03 p.m., Tobias Geiger wrote:
> > I tried a VEGA 64 - i was able to live with the ACS patch needed here
> > (Z170 Chipset... not needed with the old HD7800, but whatever...) -
> > but i couldn't stand the reset/FLR/Bug which forces you at least to
> > suspend/resume the host when you want to reboot only the guest...
>

> AIUI, this does not happen using the Q35 machine type with proper PCIe
> root complex heirarchy.

I do not have great experience with "Q35 machine type with proper PCIe root complex hierarchy". Selection of the chipset type Q35 in the virt-manager upon creation does not seem to work with UEFI type of firmware (as recommended for vfio passthroug). Or perhaps I should have downloaded a more recent Tianocore UEFI firmware for my virtual machines?

B.

--
  Bronek Kozicki
  brok at spamcop.net