[vfio-users] new video card. vm wont boot

Roger Lawhorn rll at twc.com
Thu May 28 17:02:31 UTC 2020

ok,

I removed all cards but the new one and turned off vfio.
Linux boots but finds no driver and uses fbdev instead:

$ inxi -G
Graphics:
   Device-1: AMD Navi 14 [Radeon RX 5500/5500M / Pro 5500M] driver: N/A
   Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.19.6 driver: ati,fbdev
   unloaded: modesetting,radeon,vesa resolution: 1024x768~76Hz
   OpenGL: renderer: llvmpipe (LLVM 9.0 128 bits) v: 3.3 Mesa 19.2.8

So at least its a working card.

It still wont work with either vm.

I am wondering if the nvidia gtx 980 ti oc (card for linux side) has a
hardware issue with the newer card.
Not compatible.