[virt-tools-list] Best way to backup my VMs

Bruno Lamps lampss at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 21:01:15 UTC 2011

Hi,

I tested the virsh save / copy / virsh restore scheme, but my VM wasn't able
to restore. =~
I tried 2 diferent syntaxes, but with these commands my VM keeps paused. The
following output is printed in the terminal:

lamps at ubunteira:~$ virsh restore balance
erro: Falha ao restaurar o domínio a partir de balance
erro: operation failed: cannot read domain image

lamps at ubunteira:~$ sudo virsh restore /backup/balance.memo
[sudo] password for lamps:
erro: Falha ao restaurar o domínio a partir de /backup/balance.memo
erro: Requested operation is not valid: domain is already active as
'balance'

lamps at ubunteira:~$ virsh list --all
 Id Nome                 Estado
  2 balance              pausado